Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bourbon Bread Pudding

So, when I started this blog, I promised myself that I wouldn't turn into one of those people who posts photos of everything they eat, cook, and think about eating or cooking. I'm sorry, but I find it annoying--for the same reason that I find the food network annoying. What is the point of watching people cook delicious food that you can't consume? Same thing on the interweb: Thanks for posting that photo of the salmon you made for dinner last night. And thanks for not inviting me over. My bowl of cheerios and side of leftover pepperoni pizza were delicious.

That said, I am willing to be one of those people who posts about their New Year's resolutions. It just so happens that I designated 2011 as "They Year of Southern Cooking." If it is traditionally served below the Mason Dixon line, I want to become an expert on making it.

I spent the better part of yesterday in my kitchen making bread pudding. It is surprisingly complex. Also, I think that I could've been more liberal with the bourbon. Overall, the end result was probably one of my greatest life achievements, if not the greatest. For comparison, some of my other life achievements include: breaking the 26 second barrier in the 50 freestyle, perfecting a candied bacon recipe, completing a trapeze class, and learning how to spell "congratulations."

No "congrats" here.

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe. You're funny Sara. You should have posted a picture of it. ;)

    ReplyDelete