Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My first thoughts on being back in America:

1. I have entirely way too much stuff. Despite the fact that it all fits neatly into boxes in one closet, it still feels like too much.
2. Since when do we have to pay for bags at the grocery store?  I leave for 3 months and all hell breaks loose.
3. Speaking of all hell breaking loose, there is a hideous ferris wheel on the Seattle waterfront. I'm sorry, did a bunch of carnies move in while I was gone?  It looks ridiculous.  If you want views, that is what the Space Needle is there for.  We don't need both.  Thank god I took plenty of pictures of the skyline over the last 5 years.  I certainly won't be taking any more.
4. Furthermore, why is the Space Needle painted orange right now? When is the next mayoral election?   This crap can't continue.
5. Today, I observed a group of construction workers on a smoke break on the street. They were also drinking kombucha.  Only in Seattle.
6. A haircut and an eyebrow wax can make you look like a brand new person.
7. I don't like wearing seat belts.
8. As expected, the sun does not shine here. :(
9. Everything is so orderly! 

2 comments:

  1. If you think the ferris wheel looks cray now, wait till they knock down the viaduct, then it will be the only thing you see on the waterfront. Besides now we get to be iconic like Paris or some shit (oh wikipeida tells me they demolished that thing in 1920, back when they stopped being cool). Fully enclosed, my bet is people just use them as a cheaper version of pay by the hour sex hotels. or drug hotel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. So glad I'm not the only one who has negative feelings!

      Delete