Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Need a Lyft?

Last Friday, Lyft launched in Seattle.  I signed up to be a driver, and so far, it has been a blast!  Here's why:



1. Passengers tell you about cool stuff. I picked someone up from the Swedish Cultural Center. Apparently, that place is awesome. They have ABBA night. Who knew?!

2. Kids smile at you.  If you put a pink mustache on the front of your car, kids will freak out. I feel like Santa.

3. Hot guys do a double take at you.  This might have something to do with the ridiculous pink mustache. Maybe.

4. It is suddenly OK to pick up strangers in your car and offer them candy. I do it every day.

5. My car is clean.  It is like inviting someone over to your house -- you're forced to clean up and stop leaving trash on the floor.

6. It builds community. Over the weekend, I tripled the number of people that I've met (i.e. had a real conversation with) in my immediate neighborhood.  I'm counting on Lyft to take down the Seattle Freeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment