Wednesday, January 19, 2011

PUTTING THE CASUAL IN BUSINESS CASUAL

During a discussion about work attire, one of my hired friends asked me my opinion on camouflage. In the workplace. Specifically, he is thinking about getting the shirt pictured below, which is on sale at Cabela’s for $14.99.


Classy. Especially if you can match the print to your Ford F-150 Supercab. I told him to buy it, mainly for my own entertainment purposes, but I believe camouflage at work is a little too casual for business casual. Just like UGGs. Ladies – you’re not fooling anyone with those UGGs under your Banana Republic slacks. Or your black Hunters with a pencil skirt. “Uhh….but it rains and it is cold.” That is no reason to walk around looking like a crazy cat lady housewife at work.*

All joking aside, spending the money on wrinkle free clothing is key to looking fly without putting any effort into it. Thanks to Oprah, I own several Brooks Brothers wrinkle free shirts. It is impossible to wrinkle them, and I’ve found good deals at the outlets. For the gentlemen, my business attire consultant recommends the Toddland “Perfect” pants, available at Urban Outfitters.

*Disclaimer: I am well aware that I will probably be a crazy cat lady housewife.

1 comment:

  1. This is great. That is one of the first things Brandon said to me when he got home from work....If I liked the shirts.

    ReplyDelete