Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lazy Sunday

Wake up in the late afternoon. Today was our last day in Sevilla. :(

A couple days ago, I had picked up a brochure for some Arab baths here in Sevilla. The only reason I picked up this brochure, is because I walked out into the common area of our house to find some of our housemates cuddled up on the couch. I was going to use my computer at the table, but I didn't want to be weird. (For the record, they are the weird ones.) So, I awkwardly picked up the first brochure I saw and turned around back into my room. 24 euro got you 1 1/2 hours in the baths and aromatherapy treatment. Why not? We've been here a week and already done more shopping than we intended. I decided it was a good idea to purchase a leather mini-skirt, a clear signal that it is time to stop shopping.

So, we got a lunch of paella and then headed to the baths. This was the third time I had tried paella, and I have decided that I don't really like it. It looks really pretty, but isn't that special.


The baths were great! You progressed through a big lukewarm pool, a hot tub, and a quick dip in a freezing cold pool to give you that invigorating feeling. There was also a jet tub, salt bath, and steam room. All while listening to exotic yoga music. I must say that I think the Moorish influence in Spain was a positive.

After the baths, we were feeling a little tired and loopy, so we stopped for some coffee con leche and churros. We actually hadn't had churros yet, but they are my new favorite Spanish food. (FYI, that is dipping chocolate for the churros, not coffee.)


After the churros and coffee, we went back to our favorite tapas bar, Catalina. I think it is our favorite tapas bar because they go easy on the jamon. I'm going to be honest, I'm getting a little tired ham...on everything. We all know that I love bacon, but not for every meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment