Thursday, September 2, 2010

Economics

I liked this article.

Home Buyers' Tax Credit: More Harm Than Good?

I'm much too tired from FLASH MOB practice to come up with a funny rant about how policy makers don't understand how supply and demand work. If a market is over-supplied, you're not going to create sustainable demand by giving a few people a little bit of cash to spend. Helllooo....the housing market crashed because too many people were buying subsidized houses. So now we'll do it again?! If the government has to give you money to entice you to buy a house, that's a sign that the market is still out of balance and you should run for your rental in the hills.

Enough. If you don't know what flash mob is, check out this performance in Seattle earlier this year :)

2 comments:

  1. I read this to really rub salt in my wounds four buying a house in 2007. Overpay much? Yeah.

    http://seattlebubble.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that blog. It really makes me wish that I had actually learned something in stats and econometrics. I'll have to work on getting some sweet graphs up on here.

    ReplyDelete