Sunday, May 20, 2012

Koh Phangan

I'm currently residing in Hat Yao, which is a beach on the island of Koh Phangan.  I'm staying at what might be the best place ever.  For 500 baht per night (approx $16) I get a bungalow to myself.  The resort is super-laid back and chill.  There's a great pool, so I don't even need the beach.  But, if I do, it is just a two minute walk away. The resort has a restaurant and bar, so I don't really need to leave if I don't feel like it.  Which I don't.  Unfortunately, my visa runs out on the 29th, and I still haven't decided what to do.  Now I'm thinking about Cambodia.  Word on the trail is that Malaysia is somewhat expensive, but Cambodia is ridiculously cheap.  

I've got a few days to think about it.  I have three days here, and then I might head to Koh Tao for a couple days.  The beach here is amazing.  The sand has the texture of powdered sugar.  It is incredible. 


My home for the next few days.  This is my first non-airconditioned adventure of the trip.  I think it it will be OK though.  The islands seem to cool down at night.

Awesome sunset tonight with a longtail boat in the foreground

No comments:

Post a Comment