Friday, May 11, 2012

Railay Beach

I spent a few days in Railay Beach, which is a small beach town near Krabi in Thailand. It was a really chill place.  Unfortunately, there weren't too many budget lodging options, but my hotel DID have a pool, and I got my first sunburn of the trip.  For some reason, wifi was impossible to come by in railay, so I didn't get a chance to update until now.

Railay Beach is well known for its rock climbing, which I got a chance to do yesterday.  It was pretty fun!  It was the first real exercise that I had since the trek, and it was the first time I had been rock climbing in about a year. Combine that with heat and humidity, and it was definitely challenging.  I went on a 1/2 day course (4 routes).  That was more than enough!  Since it is low season, it was just me and the guide. The guide didn't really do all that much besides belay me.  It was weird...he asked if I knew how to belay.  I responded "yes," and then he just started climbing.  Good thing that I wasn't lying, because he could've died if I didn't!  We got rained out for a bit, but there was a spot on the island that that stayed dry.

Monkeys!




1 comment: