Sunday, May 13, 2012

Tiger Day

Today, I got to pet baby tigers.  I paid for the CD of pictures of me WITH the tigers, but I can't upload them until I get to a computer with a CD drive, so they'll have to wait.  The place was called Tiger Kingdom.  I almost didn't go, because I had heard rumors that the tigers were drugged. However, I read the reviews on tripadvisor.  There are a few places where you can pet the tigers, and Tiger Kingdom actually had pretty good reviews.

I knew I would regret it if I didn't at least go check it out for myself.  So, I hired a car through my guesthouse (for about $11) to go out there.  The facility was actually really nice--waterfalls, music, nice people, etc.  You only get about 10-15 minutes with the tigers.  You can also choose which size you want to interact with.  You can interact with the biggest cats, all the way down to the 2-6 month olds.  I chose the smallest tigers, which were also the most expensive.  Something about lying down next to a full grown tiger just seemed unnatural.  I figured that if I loved the babies, I could still go in with the big ones if I wanted.  The babies ended up being enough.  You could actually get really close to the big tigers anyway (in their cages).

I'm not totally sure that they weren't drugged.  I don't really know much about that kind of stuff. They were all pretty sleepy.  But, all cats can be sleepy and lazy when it is 95 degrees out and people are petting them.  They certainly weren't stumbling around or anything, and they looked perfectly healthy.  Overall, it was a great experience, and certainly something you can't do at home!  More pics of me with the tigers to come later.

here is a guy with one of the big tigers

my baby tiger friend


some of the bigger tigers playing with a coconut

still chasing that coconut
the "baby" tiger's paw was still as big as my fist!

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Could you have paid to hot tub with them? Or to chase the coconut around with them (without being eaten)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really cool!! The pics of me with the tigers are even cooler. I think the coconut ones would've eaten me. At one point, all four of them were chasing the coconut over by the fence I was standing at. They all ran towards it, and slammed into the fence about 3 feet away from me. It was terrifying :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you throw your arms out and squeal "kitty?" That is what I picture you doing

    ReplyDelete