Sunday, November 21, 2010

The mall

The mall

Today, I went to the mall before it was open. I'll never make that mistake again. Stores open at 3 am on black Friday, but the mall doesn't open before 11 on any given Sunday? I showed up at 10:30. With nothing else to do, I wandered to the food court to at least see if sbux was open. The empty mall-ways were playing some semi-inspirational celine dion song from the 90s while randoms in parkas sat on the benches, apparently waiting for stores to open. Or just starig at me in a creepy manner. Sbux was open -with a line 30 people deep. Why? What are all these people doing here? There is nothing to see! All the stores are dark. Not even any mall walkers. Just people sitting.

So I got an eggnog latte, sat down, and stared at people in a creepy manner until the stores opened.

1 comment:

  1. I made that mistake once. I thought I was going to run a quick errand. You know, get in and get out before anyone even noticed I was gone. I didn't even put make-up on. Sadly, I also got trapped in the insanely long sbux line, where 20 people stood around looking at each other while we waited for our drinks. Now I don't leave the house without at least putting on some mascara.

    ReplyDelete