Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Target

I have a love/hate relationship with the Northgate Target. Now, that place is a disaster. They're constantly out of stock, and the shoe department is a disaster of size 6.5 and 11. 8.5 is the most common shoe size in America--why are you always out?!?!

They must be doing something right up there though. Every time I go in just to buy laundry detergent, I come in with $100 - $200 worth of other goods. So, they must have the store layout right or something. I can't go in there to buy only what I came for.

However, customer service is still lacking. Your goods aren't priced low enough to excuse your sales staff from basic service concepts. If I wanted cheap things and poor service, I would go to Walmart. I thought Target was supposed to be a step above. For example, you don't tell a customer that you're going to go get something out of the back for them...and then forget to do it...leaving them loitering akwardly in the store for 20 minutes.

Or maybe you do. Ten minutes into waiting, I had already decided that I was going to buy the product, because I had waited so long! Of course, I could've just left and come back another time. But, that would mean another $100-$200 in extra goods from THAT trip. You and your mind games Target!!! Get out of my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment