Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Caffe Senso Unico

You're from Seattle, huh? You must drink Starbucks all the time!
-No, not really. It's really not that good.
Oh....have you had dunkin donuts coffee?!?! It's soooo good.

Dbag.

Non-seattleites don't know that its really not that cool to like Starbucks anymore. If you're meeting new people in Seattle, they always ask what you favorite coffee shop is. Starbucks is the wrong answer. Nobody says that. That's like going to Red Hook and asking if they have Bud Light on tap. And, if you DO like sbux, you need to explain yourself. "Well, I go to Starbucks every day, but Stumptown is probably my favorite --it's just so expensive!" Perfectly acceptable.

CAFFE SENSO UNICO is amazing. It is the only place in Seattle where I can actually get a cappuccino that tastes like it was made in Italy. I'm going be pretentious and say that I know this because I drank a cappuccino for 27 days in a row in Italy. omggggg! Eatpraylove!

You get authentic espresso at Senso, because the place is run by an adorable italian man who speaks to you in italian. Not only that, but it is the only coffee shop I've been to in this town that isn't overflowing with hipsters! I actually do love Stumptown, but my pencil skirt and 2.5 inch black pumps generate a lot of weird looks when I go in there. I'm sorry Stumptown patrons, but I just don't own Ray Bans and a navy blue vintage dress with a cruiser bicycle pattern on it. Forgive me and my PC.

Seriously, check it out. The raspberry cream cheese crossiants will brighten any dreary morning, and the espresso will stay in your veins for days. And they say "prego" when you get your coffee :) 6th & Olive downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment