Friday, August 13, 2010

Running

After an ill-fated attempt at the Seattle half-marathon 2 years ago, I'm back in the game. Despite swearing that I would never run anything longer than a 10K ever again, I've managed to not only sign up for a half, but purchase a plane ticket in order to go run it. (I also have sworn that I would never travel more than 2 hours by car to compete in a running race.)

Anyway, I think I'm starting to get obsessed with running again. It is probably partly because I have 4 friends that have confirmed they are running the race. And I get to go to Mailbu in November while the Seattle half runners worry about whether or not it will snow on race day. So, now I can't stop thinking about how long it is until the next time I can put on my lululemon gear and attempt to look cute running around greenlake.

Interestingly, my half marathon training started just one day before I started training for Oktoberfest. (FYI - one trains for Oktoberfest by drinking 'das boot' every Thursday.) What is more problematic is that the height of my half marathon training overlaps with Oktoberfest itself (yes, the one in Germany!). I'm not really sure how that's all going to work out, but hopefully I live through at least one. Both are pretty questionable at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment