Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I want my flippy floppies

WTF is going on today?!?! I braved the storm for a run after work and nearly lost an eye due to leaves, and twigs flying into my face.

"The National Weather Service forecasts about one inch of rain Tuesday in much of Western Washington as an unseasonable wet and windy system moves through the Northwest." Thank you, Seattle Depressing Times. Good thing all you had to do was Ctrl + V from an article you posted November 17, 2009. UGH.

I flew in from SoCal late last night (apparently my last chance for the tan) and drug myself out of bed at 5:30am only to get pelted in the face by an icy rain during a mad dash to my car that nearly hydroplaned on the way to work. My patagonia-clad barista chick had the nerve to say, "well, I suppose we needed it it." "Yes," said triple grande soy vanilla latte mid 50's woman in keens and 'life is good' t-shirt, "I suppose Washington wouldn't be so pretty without all this rain. I can't wait for fall." SHUT UP! How are you people so delusional?!?! Double tall americano with room and make it snappy. Yes, I'm aware I'm not wearing a coat. No, I'm not cold. You won't see me in a coat until mid-October.

FYI, listening to "I'm on a boat" on repeat during a dark and dreary drive through the seatac/des moines/federal way abyss does make things just the slightest bit better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment