Thursday, August 19, 2010

Neck Pain

I’m 26 years old and am in the midst of recovering from a quarter-live crisis. Inhibiting my recovery is the fact that for the last year or so, I’ve been suffering from debilitating headaches that I believe are the direct result of working at a computer for 9 hours a day. I thought things like this weren’t supposed to happen until you actually got old. “Cry me a river,” you say, “I work at a computer all day too.” OK, but have you spent the last 4.5 years of your life hunched over a 13” laptop screen with your wrists at your chest like T-rex? No. All of my sick leave this year has been due to headaches. Otherwise I’m a portrait of health and beauty. My 27 year old friend has the same problem and is considering seeing a chiropractor. At 27. Ridiculous. What is going on? Computers are killing us.

2 comments:

  1. Try seeing a doctor at age 24 because you have carpal tunnel in your wrist to such an extent that you can't sleep at night without both a hefty dose of vicodin and a wrist brace. Not to mention having to wear said brace around for a week until you regain movement. Throw in the fact that at age 26(ish) my hair is being taken over by greys, and you have a recipe for multiple quarter-life crises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking support group: Wednesday nights, 7pm, mac & cheese, bottle of SoCo.

    ReplyDelete