Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Berlin

Had a GREAT day exploring Berlin! I love this city. I spent 4 hours on a walking tour and learned 100x more than I ever did in high school...pretty sure we never studied the Berlin wall, except for the fact that it fell.

Trying to muster the energy to go for a run before it gets dark. You can visit the parliament until 10pm, so I think I'm going to do that this evening. I need at least a few days that are alcohol-free. I'm going on three weeks of drinking now...might be time for a break.

Definitely missing the family discount. My train ticket to nuremberg tomorrow cost more than my overnight train to Budapest and my ticket from Munich to Prague...combined!

Looking forward to meeting up with kendel tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. You best be going for a run! I've been doing the greenlake loop... TWICE at once. You would be so proud.

    Don't be fooled by the temperance myth. you can have a few days of drinking when you're home... oh wait, no you can't - everyone will want to celebrate your return. :)

    ReplyDelete