Saturday, October 9, 2010

Salzburg

Today ended up being a lot more fun than I expected. I admit I was having a little buyer's remorse about the Salzburg trip. Train tickets aren't cheap, and I had to go through Munich to get there (and then backtrack tonight).

It was totally worth it though. The sun was shining, and I spent the afternoon riding around the hilly countryside listening to the sound of music soundtrack. I got to ride the luge, and our tour stopped for beer and cheese strudel at a place that overlooked a gorgeous mountain lake and town. Plus, there were people from the south on my tour. I love people from the south. In fact, that might be my next trip...

I'm a little cranky that tonight is my last night in Germany. I don't think I can handle real life in a town without a castle. I don't even know how a bank makes money anymore. Something about laundering it?

No comments:

Post a Comment