Thursday, October 14, 2010

Facebook Birthdays

I really hate facebook birthday posts. They just make me feel bad about myself.

It always happens when I log onto the page of someone that I stalk every three months or so. It's those people that you maybe see once a year. Or, maybe you had some meaningful experience with them once and decided to initiate a facebook relationship. Or maybe you've had a secret crush on them forever so you regularly check up on their relationship status. So, you pull up their page every once in a while to see what's going on, and maybe you occasionally "like" a funny post or intellectual article link. That's about it.

But, what do you do when you randomly view their page only to see that all 487 of their OTHER facebook friends posted a "happy birthday" message on their birthday, which was three days ago?! Suddenly, you're the only Dbag friend that didn't wish them a happy birthday. And now, you can't even say "hey! congrats on the new job, we should grab coffee sometime," because you missed the birthday post. It would just be awkward. Why would this person want to catch up with you over coffee if you didn't even remember to post on their birthday?!?

I suppose that on my own birthday it IS nice to be acknowledged by all of my closest online friends. It's nice to see who comes up with something creative to stand out from the crowd. And, "oh, it sure was nice to hear from so-and-so today on my wall." Oh WAIT--Facebook TOLD them it was my birthday.

I don't really know what brought this rant on. If you recently had a birthday and I did not post on your wall...you could conclude that I am stalking you online every three months or so. You're probably right.

In the meantime, here are some pics from Europe:


Oktoberfest (clearly). I really love these girls. BFF's fo shizzle.



Budapest


Neuschwanstein


Prague


Berlin Wall


Budapest. Again-LOVE THEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment