Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Running

This is the best running mix I've ever created. Half-marathon, here I come!

1. Circle of Life -- Lion King (if this doesn't motivate you...something is wrong with you.)
2. No Love -- Lil Wayne & Eminem (got this world stuck in a safe, combination is the G-code. so poetic!)
3. Jai Ho -- Slumdog Millionaire
4. I'm on a Boat -- Adam Samburg & T-Pain
5. Home -- Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
6. Nothin But a good time -- Poison
7. Sleepyhead -- Passion Pit (odd choice, yes, but it works. The beat is good)
8. Footloose (worth repeating--the beat is perfect!)
9. Callin Baton Rouge -- Garth Brooks
10. Who the Fuck is Alice (german drinking song)
11. Sideways -- Dierks Bentley
12. Dancing on my grave -- Ghostland Observatory (g-land could really be the whole mix)
13. Jump in the Fire -- Night Marchers
14. Hard -- Rihanna
15. Basketcase -- Green Day (takes you back to 7th grade when they were cool)
16. America -- Neil Diamond (...but not without a star...EPIC AND INSPIRING)
17. The time of my life -- Dirty Dancing (another odd choice...but just roll with it)
18. California Gurls -- Katy Perry & Snoop (I love snoop!)
19. Ein Prosit (another german drinking song)


This list only lasts about 8 or 9 miles. I need to add a few more to get all the way to 13.1. Please provide your favorites!

6 comments:

  1. I forgot to tell you. I made Blair listen to "I'm on a boat" 3 times in a row on the way home from dinner on Friday night after I got your CD.

    My fav running song is "La Tortura" by Shakira and "That's not my name" by the Ting Tings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting - Elton John
    Carry On Wayward Son - Kansas
    Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH!

    Run Like an Antelope - Phish (for the win)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All good songs listed so far...BUT all you need is 2 hours worth of EMINEM songs. By the end of the race you would probably set a personal best, have tons of music leftover, and still be pumped up and ready to fight. Also recommend: "Hypnotic" by Bom Funk MC's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eye of the tiger! And there is a Miley Cyrus song that is on my mix...See you again..don't judge...try it first. :) I'll look at my running mix and email you some more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES!! You all are so great! And, I don't judge Miley. I can't believe I left her out!

    ReplyDelete